How to Talk to a Girl on the Phone
For some guys, talking on the phone to someone they like can be nerve racking. But, if you take it easy and stay calm, talking to a girl on the phone may not be as difficult as you think. Spending time talking on the phone is one of the main ways to build a relationship, especially for teenagers. If you find yourself speechless or out of words whenever you call up to the girl you like, then this article can help you. Here are a few tips on how to talk to a girl on the phone.
- Talking on the phone to a girl is scary, but talking to someone who doesn’t like you is even worse. So, your first step before making the call is to find out if the girl is interested in you. Once you know she like you, you can get her phone number from her friends, if you’re too nervous to ask her face to face. Talking with her on the phone first can be a good way to break the ice and get over your nervousness..
- Be cool and stay calm. If you feel very tense, take a deep breath before you call her. Breathe in and out slowly through your nose and stay calm. Tell yourself that you are just going to talk to your close friends and relax.
- Once you have calmed down, take a paper and write down a few things to talk about. This lets you avoid awkward silences and keeps the conversation flowing. Calling with nothing to say won’t impress your girl and could annoy her.
- One of the most important things you need to keep in mind when you talk to a girl is to be yourself. Also, when she is telling you something, don’t interrupt her in the middle of her sentence. Even if you remember something you want to tell her, wait for her to finish talking. This shows her that you care what she has to say.
- Last but not least, avoid making fun of or insulting her dreams and opinions. Even if you don’t agree with what she says, politely tell her how you feel. Avoid heated arguments. Remember, you didn’t call her to argue with her. You called her to build a relationship. Here, your main aim is to make her laugh and feel comfortable with you.