How to Apologize to Your Girlfriend
Everyone makes mistakes. Arguments or misunderstandings are a common part of any relationship which is why you need to know the proper way to apologize to your girlfriend without making things worse.
Even when you are only partially at fault, it is still good to say you are sorry. You should also do it as fast as possible after displeasing her and finally go for the preemptive strike and apologize immediately if you know she is about to get mad. These three tips will go a long way in ensuring you a happy relationship.
Before we proceed on how to apologize, you need to know when not to apologize. Sometime an apology is not called for such as continuously apologizing for everything like the weather, when what is expected of you, and for something you believe in. Apologizing in these instances is ridiculous and if the girl you are with cannot see how unfair it is to expect you to, then maybe it is time to rethink this relationship.
How to apologize?
- Doing a face to face apology is sometimes hard so writing it down is a viable option you can try. Sometimes we are too proud or too caught up in the moment to make a proper apology face to face, so a written apology is a good way to get your message across until you can go talk to her.
- Accept full responsibility for what you have done and be sincere in your apology. She deserves and needs a truthful apology. If you do not mean to apologize then don’t do it, otherwise it will just make matters worse. Also you need to show that you understand what it is that you did wrong and what you are willing to do to make it better.
- Show through your actions that you are working hard not to repeat your mistakes. Remember that actions speak louder than words.
- It may also help to make her feel special by complimenting her and getting her to smile. If she is receptive, you can even try telling her you love her and being more affectionate. This shows her that even when you make a mistake and she is mad, you still love her and find her appealing.
- Never, for any reason, bring up the past to justify what you did. Stick to the present and after the apology prepare to move on to other things. Being stuck in the past will only erode your relationship.
The biggest problem men will face when apologizing to your girlfriend will be the failure to acknowledge the factors that stop them from apologizing in the first place, which tend to be pride, embarrassment and anger. These three can destroy any relationship very quickly and are not to be entertained if you have any desire to stay together for the long haul.